Welcome to Cindyrella's Creations and the Old School Cartridges Blog Hop!
If you've come from visiting Christi at Scrappin' 5 Little Cupcakes you're in the right place! If you've just happened across my blog and would like to play along with our fun hop, you can click HERE and start at the beginning. We would love to share a few projects and ideas with you using the older Cricut cartridges. So get ready for some super fun projects and some fun giveaways along the way! After you have finished the hop, be sure to head on back to INKING IT UP CRAZY HERE and create and link up a project of your own using one of your older Cricut cartridges...the older the better.
Make sure to check out each member's blog. There will be some fun prizes along the way, AND there will be some AWESOME ideas!
YOU MAKE ME SMILE SUNFLOWER CARD
*Cricut Cartridge: Stretch Your Imagination
*White Card Stock cut 4.25'h x 9.75'w
*Green Polka Dot Card Stock cut 4' x 4'
*Orange Strip cut 4' x 2'
*Stickles Cinnamon Color
*Brown Card Stock
*Green Glitter Card Stock
*Orange Card Stock
*Stampin' Up "Simple Sayings II"
*Scrapbook Tape Runner
1. Fold White Card Stock at the 4.25'
2. Attach orange strip to right side of card base
3. Attach hemp cord with peace of scotch tape to back of green paper, wrap around as much as you'd like and attach to the back with another piece of scotch tape
4. Attach green paper to card base
5. Using my Gypsy I created 2 sunflowers by using the shift function. Their dimensions are at 1.46'w x 3.82'h. I cut 2 of them using brown card stock. Since I was using scraps for the flower and stem, I used the hide feature when cutting them. I cut 2 flowers in orange card stock while hiding the stems and 2 stems in the green glitter paper while hiding the flowers. This function on the Gypsy is something I use on most everything I cut...it saves time and paper.
6. I used my Xyron Create-a-Sticker to assemble the flowers and attached it on top of the cord.
7. In order to make the card POP I used my new Cinnamon color Stickles
for the center of the flower.
8. Lastly I stamped a simple saying to the card. I am new to the card making world so I only have a few stamps...I hope to add more to my collection as I am really enjoying this new found creative outlet.
I hope you enjoyed my card and it made you smile!!
Thanks for "kickin' it" with me "old school" while I was "stretching my imagination" on my FIRST EVER blog hop. Next stop...Kathy's blog Kathy and Kids
Go see what she has in store for you today...
Have a creative, crafty day!
LIST AND ORDER OF BLOG HOP:
Kassidy at Inking It up Crazy
Peggy at I Crea8Cards
Justina at Just My Crafts
Cheryl at Pink and Paper
Amy at Scrapping, Card Making and Living with Fibro
Holly at Holly's Hobbie
Diana at DL.ART
Cristi at Scrappin 5 Little Cupcakes
**YOU ARE HERE** Cindy at Cindyrellas Creations
**NEXT BLOG** Kathy at Kathy and Kids
Lindsey at Cricut Crazy
Amy at Scrap This, Save That
Susan at It's Me Susan P