Friday, July 15, 2011

My Pink Stamper Design Team Entry


I HEART Robyn a.k.a My Pink Stamper and she is ready for a Design Team to serve August-December. I am going on my scrapbooking weekend to Tucson with my crafty friends, including my BFF Terri!! Terri and I were shopping for our big getaway when I got Robyn's first phone call from her first ever Q&A "My Pink Stamper Live with Karlee! on June 25, 2011. I WAS SHOCKED to say the least. She helped me with my question about trying to step out of the box with my pages. So I went to the library the next day and check out 3 books on layouts. While we were shopping at Hobby Lobby, I found this C*U*T*E paper and stickers that coordinate lovely with it. I got them to do a 12x12 page of my little angel Ryan Arthur and our dog Rocky. These photos were taken while we were staying at my parents house while I was recovering from a fall which I fractured my C4 vertebrae in early 2010. I was unable to care for my youngest so they offered to babysit us all while my hubby and oldest son stayed at home continuing to go to work and school. During this stay at my parents Ryan decided to "snuggle cuddle" (as we call it) with Rocky. Luckily I had my cell phone and captured the moment (heavily drugged and all). I haven't been able to scrapbook since 2009, so needless to say this upcoming scrapbooking weekend/getaway is going to be fun but B*U*S*Y!!! I ordered my 300+ pictures and I am ready to roll. My crafty mojo is back...so watch out.

Here is the Challenge: Make a card, scrapbook page, or other Cricut project with your favorite Cricut cartridge using the following colors......

Orange
Turquoise
Green
Brown
Other optional color of your choice

RECIPE:
*1- 12x12 My Mind's Eye "Check Him Out" paper
*1- 8.5x11 Paper Studio "Surfer Boy Orange Texture"
*1- 8.5x11 Paper Studio "Surfer Boy Blue Texture"
*1- 8.5x11 Paper Studio "Texture 2 Lime Green"
*1- BoBunny Stickers "I Love My Dog"
*Colorbox Fluid Chalk Inkpad "Chestnut Roan"
*Xyron adheasive for title
*Gypsy
*Cricut Cartridge Don Juan Font
-top layer: 3.67"w x 1.42"h
-shadow: 3.72"w x 1.48"h
-& sign: 0.81"w x 1.42"h
*Layout idea inspired by "Creating Keepsakes Scrapbooking with Your Kids" page 129





After I cut out the title in an off white/cream color paper I wanted to give it some texture so I used my chalk by dabbing it all over the top. I am liking the look of this...so much more life to boring cream. (STEPPING OUTSIDE MY BOX!!!)

Another trick I like do is when I only have one sheet of paper I love and I'd like to incorporate it onto the page; I cut out a section of the middle and cover it up with pictures or paper. I used the cut out section for the journal box, & sign and sticker background.

I hope you enjoy this page!! Have a crafty AMAZING day!!
Cindy :)~

4 comments:

  1. Your layout is so cute!! Great patterns!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute layout nice colors. I wish you well on the DT challenge
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your layout!
    www.dawnicakorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the patterns! GL!

    Jenny
    www.papercutcreations.blogspot.com
    papercraftjenny@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete