Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy 60th Birthday

Hey Blog Hoppers!!! Over at Kassidy's Inking It Up Blog it's World Cardmaking Day. Thanks for hoppin' on over to my little blog for some Glitter and Bling!!! Being in a household with all boys it's nice to be able to do some projects that are girly. Today I made a 60th birthday card for a mother of a dear high school friend. She reached out to almost everyone she knows to honor her mother with a HUGE surprise. She wanted everyone to mail her mother a birthday card so she got at least 60 cards before her big day. I thought it was such a sweet idea, I had to make her something.

Today I used my newest/favorite thing to work with Pearlescent Paper by Colorbok. I found this paper pack at Wal-Mart. I used the bright pack. I love this paper because it looks like glitter paper BUT I don't get glitter EVERYWHERE.
This is the paper palette I choose, the one color looks orange but it's yellow. I wanted my card to be bright and full of celebration.


RECIPE:
  • Gypsy
  • E2
  • Pearlescent Paper by Colorbok (purple, pink, green & yellow)
  • Stickles (yellow & stardust)
  • Stampin' Up "happy birthday to you"
  • Sticky Thumb dimensionals
  • Cupcake Cricut Cartridge
  • Celebrations Cricut Cartridge
  • Brads
  • Adhesive

After cutting my images, as seen on my Gypsy, I assembled my card. The card needed some extra pop, so I added some Stickles for some extra GLITTER and then 2 brads for some BLING.

In order for the cupcakes to stand out, I popped them up using Sticky Thumb Dimensionals.

I hope you enjoyed my card.

Have a Glittery, Blingy kinda day!!
Cindy :)~




P.S. If you get a chance please click here to read about my other PASSION and FIGHT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment